Skangas is a leading player in the Nordic LNG market. The company provides customers with Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) for shipping, industrial and heavy-duty land transport needs. Skangas help their customers achieve their environmental and operative objectives by providing effective and reliable LNG deliveries. The company is owned by Gasum (51%) the Finnish expert in natural energy gases and Lyse (49%) who operates within the fields of electricity generation, distribution and telecommunication. Within the Skangas group of companies, there are about 80 employees. Please visit www.skangas.com for more information.
As the HSEQ specialist in Skangas you will have a unique opportunity to further build and develop the management system in the organization. You will be responsible for support of HSE in the company, as well as driving HSEQ performance in the organization that includes monitoring and securing compliance with internal and external standards, laws and regulations. This will be done through guidance, coaching, training, audits, inspections, follow-up of non-conformance and improvements, debriefs and risk management. You will work closely together with HSEQ and Business Improvement Manager, Operational HSE Manager and Environmental and regulatory coordinator.
- Develop, implement and maintain the HSEQ management system, including governing processes, procedures, risk register and tools that improve business performance
- Responsible for the HSE manual, supporting procedures and instructions related to the overall HSE requirements
- Coordinate and execute audits of critical suppliers, internal audits and follow up of inspections according to the annual audit program together with responsible units and external partners
- Monitor and support the organization on HSEQ matters
- Develop and coordinate HSEQ training program and ensure appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization
- Participate in the emergency preparedness planning activities, including being part of the emergency response duty team
- Monitor and follow up Occupational Health together with Safety delegates, HR and responsible units
Educational background and experience
- Minimum bachelor degree in HSEQ, science or engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HSEQ experience from oil and gas, offshore, or shipping industry (HSEQ management systems, audits, inspections, risk management)
- Project management experience
- Experience from certification processes (ISO 14001, ISO 50001) would be a great advantage
- Ability to think strategic and operational throughout the value chain
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate, manage and drive change at all levels in the organization
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and reporting skills
- High level of integrity and transparency with a strong sense of urgency and performance orientation
- Lives the company values; proficiency, ownership, responsibility, teamwork
- You will report directly to the HSEQ and Business Improvement Manager.